The annual Metro Tour provide opportunities for Par, Birdie, Eagle and Ace level students from First Tee chapters around the metro area to participate in competitive tournaments at different golf courses during the summer.
Rules for Registration and Play:
- COVID-19 related policies:
- Parents will need to provide transportation to and from the events as the First Tee’s van will not be in use.
- Play the hole/cup as it’s found, the ball must be holed. If the cup is raised above the ground, the ball will be holed if any part of the ball touches/strikes the raised cup.
- We will pass out scorecards but only one official scorecard.
- No shaking of hands.
- Very limited spectator access, and potentially no spectators allowed depending on the course. Parents/guardians must stay in their vehicle or off-site.
- Players are only allowed to show up 30 minutes prior to their tee time. (Tee times will be emailed the night before.)
- Playing in threesomes as space allows.
- Adhering to any health/safety measures specific to the facility.
- Participants must be currently enrolled or have been registered within the past year in First Tee of Howard County classes.
- All registrations will be online.
- Participants must meet age, skill and gender restrictions of the particular event of interest.
- The cost for each event entered will be $10.
- Registration for each event will CLOSE two days prior to the event, to allow staff the time to put together the tee times.
- Participants must walk and carry their own clubs for the duration of any event in which they participate, and should bring their own hydration and snacks (if necessary) during play. You may also use a pull cart.
- Participants must dress neatly, in golf attire (with First Tee of Howard County logo if available), especially for away events.
- Registration will not be required or available for “invitation only” events. Selections for participants for these events will be made by Chapter Management.
- All scoring will be done by the Callaway System, and medals for low gross and low net score will be awarded following play.
First Tee of Howard County is once again selling Charity Mania golf sweepstakes tickets for 2020 — a great opportunity to sharpen your focus on the four golf majors*, support our area’s premier youth development organization, and have the chance to win cash prizes!
- PGA Championship August 6-9, 2020
- U.S. Open: September 17-20, 2020
- The Masters: November 12-15, 2020
This is “Fantasy Golf” without the work and commitment, for a great cause!
*Unfortunately, the 2020 British Open was cancelled due to COVID-19. GolfMania will use scores from a replacement tournament (The Masters) to calculate winners. Therefore, when the Masters is played, GolfMania will calculate winners for both the British Open and the Masters contests at the same time, but independent of each other.