The annual Metro Tour provide opportunities for Par, Birdie, Eagle and Ace level students from The First Tee chapters around the metro area to participate in competitive tournaments at different golf courses during the summer.
Rules for Registration and Play:
- Participants must be currently enrolled or have been registered within the past year in The First Tee of Howard County classes.
- All registrations will be online.
- Participants must meet age, skill and gender restrictions of the particular event of interest.
- NEW THIS YEAR: we have done away with memberships for participating in the Metro Tour.
- The cost for each event entered will be $10.
- The above will include a lunch or meal either before or after the round.
- Registration for each event will CLOSE at NOON the day prior to the event, to allow staff the time to put a player’s list and transportation list (for away events) together in time.
- Transportation will be available via The First Tee van, departing Fairway Hills Golf Club at the time noted in each announcement, but generally departing this location in time to arrive at the venue 1 hour before start of the event; or, in the event of a lunch before the event, 1 hour before lunch. The van will return players to Fairway Hills Golf club approximately 1 hour after conclusion of the event. Parents are urged to read the brief description accompanying each event for details. Van occupancy will only allow 10 players, first come first served.
- Transportation will be for players and their equipment only; no siblings, parents or others can be accommodated.
- Participants must walk and carry their own clubs for the duration of any event in which they participate, and should bring their own hydration and snacks (if necessary) during play.
- Participants must dress neatly, in golf attire (with First Tee of Howard County logo if available), especially for away events.
- Registration will not be required or available for events #10 and #20. Selections for participants for these events will be made by Chapter Management.
- All scoring will be done by the Callaway System, and medals for low gross and low net will be awarded following play.